- No products in the cart.
Ich, a protozoan parasite, also known as white spot disease, is caused by the external parasite Ichthyophthirius multifiliis. This microscopic parasite has a multi-staged life cycle and is invisible during its theront stage. Theronts burrow into gill and skin tissue causing severe electrolyte loss and gill damage and promoting secondary bacterial and/or fungal infections. Early symptoms of this infection in fish include darting in the aquarium and scratching against the gravel and ornaments. Fish exhibit labored breathing and may remain at the water’s surface, near filters and aeration devices. White spots may or may not be visible on fish. SUPER ICK CURE kills the Ick parasite, usually within 24 hours and is safe for use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums. Comes in liquid and powder form.
To view a chart to help diagnose this and other fish diseases, click here or visit the tab to the left “Documents & MSDS” and download the Tropical Fish First Aid Chart.
DIRECTIONS for LIQUID SUPER ICK CURE: Use the API Dosing Cap on Bottle. Remove activated filter carbon from filter and continue aeration. Add 5ml per 5 U.S. gallons of aquarium water. Repeat dose after 48 hours. Wait another 48 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water and add fresh activated carbon. Treatment may be hastened by raising the temperature to 82°.
DIRECTIONS for Powder SUPER ICK CURE: For best results, remove activated carbon or filter cartridge from filter and continue aeration. For each 10 gallons (38 L) of water, empty one packet directly into aquarium. Repeat dose after 48 hours then change 25% of the aquarium water and add fresh activated carbon or replace filter cartridge. NOTE: this medication will discolor water and may stain aquarium sealant and ornaments. Use API BIO-CHEM ZORB or activated carbon 48 hours after final treatment to remove color from water. Two doses required for full course of treatment.
CAUTION: Some scaleless fish are sensitive to this medication; therefore, treat at ½ the normal dose. Some saltwater invertebrates, such as corals, may be sensitive to this product, so it is not recommended for reef aquariums.